What is the Command-line interface (CLI) and AWS (CLI)?
A command-line interface processes commands to a computer program in the form of lines of text. The program which handles the interface is called a command-line interpreter or command-line processor. Similarly, The AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) is a unified tool to manage your AWS services. With just one tool to download and configure, you can control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
Why we use AWS CLI?
AWS CLI gives you the ability to automate the entire process of controlling and managing AWS services through scripts. These scripts make it easy for users to fully automate cloud infrastructure. Prior to AWS CLI, users needed a dedicated CLI tool for just the EC2 service.
In this Article we will see
1. How to Create a key pair through cli
- How to Create a security group
- Launching an instance using the above created key pair and security group.
- How we can create an EBS volume of 1 GB.
- The final step is to attach the above created EBS volume to the instance we created in the previous steps.
Prerequisites for this task
- Installed AWS version 2 on your os. If not use this link to download https://awscli.amazonaws.com/AWSCLIV2.msi
- An AWS account.
ALl of the first we have to create IAM user
To create an access key for an IAM user
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console
2. Search for users and create one
3.We need to give permissions to a user to successfully authenticate with CLI.
4.After this step create a user and the Access Key and Secret key will be displayed
We have successfully created a user.
Now we will use command
Here we have to provide Access key and Secret key
Now to create a key pair we use command
For creating security group we will take help of aws document we will use command
aws ec2 help
after running this command we have to search command to create security group
Now over security group is created
After security we have to give inbounb rules
For Launching Ec2 we will use command -
Now we will creat EBS of 1gb
For this also we will take help of aws documents
Now for attaching the created EBS volume we will use command -
By this command this will attach succefully
Thanks for reading !!
☀️☀️☀️Have a good day☀️☀️☀️